Sunday, May 3, 2009

Derby Basket for Chestnut Hill Historical Society


Adam and I had such a fun time at the Chestnut Hill Historical Society's Spring Derby Event last night. We were thrilled to see so much interest in the new store and the gift basket that we donated for the raffle. It was such a fun basket to make with silver-plated mint julep cups and miniature roses, Kentucky honey, bourbon smoked sea salt and spoon bread mixes, and two gorgeous bourbon and chocolate pecan tarts from our local, award-winning pastry chef, Leslie McLaughlin. I got a chance to attach one of my favorite quick recipes for Low Country Shrimp Ettouffee over Spoon Bread with my signature Low Country Piquant Seasoning. (Email me if you'd like a copy). It was such a hit and I was so pleased to show it off!

The Chestnut Hill Historical Society does so many wonderful things for the community including the preservation of our historical records, maps and photos and their easement program that protects the Wissahickon watershed and the Fairmount Park in our backyards. It was so exciting to be a part of the festivities that help raise funds for such a great cause in our community. (And I got to wear a really big hat!)
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment